New analog boxes from Korg?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
JSRockit
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Re: New analog boxes from Korg?

Post by JSRockit » Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:20 pm

Aaron2 wrote: Do you find that the output is a little low on the Beats when you run it through your DAW?
The output is low in general... even vs. the other volcas. What sucks even worse is that the hats are so low compared to the BD that you have to turn down the BD and then turn up the unit even more. Not sure what they were thinking here.
Korg Volcas / 6 x TE POs / MicroBrute / EH Space Drum & Crash Pad

Automatic Gainsay
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Minimoog, 2600, CS-15, CS-50, MiniBrute, MicroBrute, S2, Korg MS-20 Mini, 3 Volcas, Pro 2, Leipzig, Pianet T, Wurli 7300, Wurli 145-A, ASR-10, e6400.
Band: Godfrey's Cordial

Post by Automatic Gainsay » Sat Oct 12, 2013 12:35 am

I'm not a big HAT GUY. I like my hats lower.
The point is that you have the ability to adjust the relative volumes of the instruments to your personal liking.
I think the kick is pretty loud, too... but I can turn it down to suit my taste.
As for volume... turn it up.
‎"I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question." -Charles Babbage
"Unity and Mediocrity are forever in bed together." -Zane W.
http://www.youtube.com/automaticgainsay

Percivale
Gear: Blofeld, Juno-106, AN1X, MB-6582/SEQ V4, etc

Post by Percivale » Sun Oct 13, 2013 3:08 am

What's a ready-to-buy power adapter to power all three Volcas from one wall socket?

natrixgli
Gear: USB Hub, Pedalboard, Keyboard Stand, and many cables.
Band: Suboscillator

Post by natrixgli » Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:03 am

Percivale wrote:What's a ready-to-buy power adapter to power all three Volcas from one wall socket?
There isn't one I could find. I tried the 1-Spot which Sweetwater recommends, but the 2.1mm plug is too large, and you'd have to reverse the polarity. I ended up making my own from a 9v/4a laptop power supply. It's quite nice in that its one less wall wart I have to squeeze onto my power strip. The RadioShack size B power plug fits, I just wired three of them in parallel. The down side of powering them on a single supply is that you get a bit of audio bleed between the units due to the common ground.

sourwookie
Gear: ARP Solus, Roland SH-201, Korg MS2000, Nord Electro 3, Volca Keys and Beats,Roland Juno D

Post by sourwookie » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:07 pm

I don't know if this is appropriate or not but the store where I work has Volcas at buy one, get one half off until tomorrow at close through a Facebook offer. PM me for store info.

If this is an unallowed post, let me know and I'll happily delete it. It was such a good deal I just thought I'd share.

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Wed Dec 04, 2013 1:59 am

*makes sequenced squishy noises*

Jorvik
Gear: Axxe, Odyssey, Pro Soloist; Mopho keys, SE; Dark Energy, A100 modules; Solina; Volcas; String Melody II; Streichfett; Little Phatty, Sub37

Post by Jorvik » Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:38 pm

Anyone else had problems with their Keys going out of tune?

There are times when I have to power cycle it two or three times. It'll be fine for a few minutes, then I think I need to turn the detune down as it's not sounding great, find that the detune is already turned off and playing an octave (either in poly mode or a single note in octave mode) is noticeably out.

It's not a big deal, just a bit annoying. Ah, the joys of analogue :lol:

pinksoir
Gear: Korg Volca Keys,
Korg Polysix,
Roland JX3P,
Teisco SX-400 ,
Yamaha CS-15,
Yamaha SK20.
Band: Bear Worship

Post by pinksoir » Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:02 pm

Yup. Happens to mine all the time. No big deal, and like you say, one of the joys of analogue. I'm not sure if it happens when it's connected via midi or receiving midi messages or something, or if it's just happening regardless. A couple of power cycles soon sorts it out though.
"I think it would be egotistical of me to say, 'I thought of it'. What happened is, I opened my mind up and the idea came through and into my head." - Bob Moog

Alphacode

Post by Alphacode » Sun Dec 08, 2013 9:47 pm

Jorvik wrote:Anyone else had problems with their Keys going out of tune?

There are times when I have to power cycle it two or three times. It'll be fine for a few minutes, then I think I need to turn the detune down as it's not sounding great, find that the detune is already turned off and playing an octave (either in poly mode or a single note in octave mode) is noticeably out.

It's not a big deal, just a bit annoying. Ah, the joys of analogue :lol:
No need to power cycle ,it says in the manual that if you stop playing it for 10sec it will auto tune ,need to read the manual :)

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 5:13 am

need a magnifying glass to read the manual

Jorvik
Gear: Axxe, Odyssey, Pro Soloist; Mopho keys, SE; Dark Energy, A100 modules; Solina; Volcas; String Melody II; Streichfett; Little Phatty, Sub37

Post by Jorvik » Mon Dec 09, 2013 1:59 pm

Alphacode wrote:No need to power cycle ,it says in the manual that if you stop playing it for 10sec it will auto tune ,need to read the manual :)
I had read the manual, evidently not all of it though :lol:

Thanks for that. The problem is though, how do you do this "stop playing for 10 seconds" thing? :D