What's the difference in the electribes?

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
pich

What's the difference in the electribes?

Post by pich » Sun May 11, 2014 3:06 pm

Hi everyone sorry if this is in the wrong place but im going to be getting an electribe to add to my set up, I've only just really got into this after buying a volca bass and wanting some drums to go with it, I've been looking at the electribes but there are different models and just wanted to know the difference in them? Any help would be great :-)

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: What's the difference in the electribes?

Post by meatballfulton » Sun May 11, 2014 9:34 pm

EMX-1, EM-1 are synths with sampled drums

EA-1 is a synth with no drums

ER-1 is a drum synth

ESX-1 and ES-1 are samplers
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

supermel74

Post by supermel74 » Mon May 12, 2014 1:22 am

pich wrote:Hi everyone sorry if this is in the wrong place but im going to be getting an electribe to add to my set up, I've only just really got into this after buying a volca bass and wanting some drums to go with it,
all of the Electribes would fit the bill except for the EA-1.

ranzee
Gear: http://www.ranzs.com/gear-list/
Band: ranzee ranz

Post by ranzee » Mon May 12, 2014 2:26 am

Got an iPad? Go Korg Gadget or iElectribe ... cheaper and more flexible ;)

mute

Post by mute » Mon May 12, 2014 5:46 am

imo... The best "cheap" (as in crazy crazy steals from 100-200 $'s) Electribes aren't listed here - the ER-1 MKII and the EM-1. These 2 were inbetween the first models and the newer esx/emx models..and therefor have some better features than the EX-1, EA-1, or ER-1 (ES-1 isn't worth looking at it is far too limited automation/fx/control wise and a PINTA for managing samples).

EM-1 has the same structure as the EMX-1 but limited to 2 parts synth and drum machine. Motion/step recording for both fx and synth parts .. only the EMX and ESX also do both. EA-1 is just 2 synths with no fx, no drums, and limited motion record.

ER-1 MKII doesn't have any improvements (didnt really need any) over the ER-1 other than the metal casing, but its a sweet synthesis based drum machine and 1 might as well get the well built version for a couple extra dollars.

FWIW.. I've owned all of them over the years, and the ones I kept after all was said and done was the ESX-1 and ER-1 MKII. Both for drum reasons. The ER-1 MKII probably gets the most use lately. So.. if you're looking for a nice cheap synthesis based drum machine, then nab a ER-1 MKII or h**l, get a Volca Beats. They make a sweet couple actually, very different sounding machines.

pich

Post by pich » Mon May 12, 2014 8:38 am

Nice thanks a lot guys for your advice I really appreciate it, I think im liking the er1 mk2 now because it sounds like what im looking for,
Does the er1 one have any other sounds other than just drums and does it have many effects?
I've been looking at the roland 303mc too do you guys think that would be any better?
I have looked at the volca beats but I don't think it has the sound im after because im aiming for acid technoy type sounds :-)
Thanks again