I'm looking for a professional producer to improve my songs.

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
ned-ryarson

Re: I'm looking for a professional producer to improve my so

Post by ned-ryarson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:15 pm

All I really know is that I f-cking love pumping dance music

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:52 am

ned-ryarson wrote:All I really know is that I f-cking love pumping dance music
Industry standard or other?

magicpaws788

Post by magicpaws788 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 9:19 am

Off Topic

Post by ned-ryarson » Thu Jan 22, 2015 11:15 pm
All I really know is that I f-cking love pumping dance music
Yeah, I agree too.

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 2:43 pm

Many of the artists on the Deutche Alternative Charts are working out of a home studio, with a PC and some of their own gear (some vintage, some new, some in-between), doing the mixing and mastering themselves. Two specific users here can attest to that.

tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by tomorrowstops » Fri Jan 23, 2015 3:23 pm

Stab Frenzy wrote:
ned-ryarson wrote:All I really know is that I f-cking love pumping dance music
Industry standard or other?
Tough call. Pumping dance music of all flavors for me!

SYNTHMAN1978

Post by SYNTHMAN1978 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 5:12 pm

gmeredith wrote:Maybe we should ask you the first and most important question - what is your budget?? How much are you intending to spend to get the results that you want? Once we know that, we might be able to suggest a studio/producer based on that.
I'm looking for high budgets. I'd like to know the exact kind of sudios and equipment that big names like David Guetta uses,SHM and Eric Pridz type of people.
I just want to know what services there are out there that produce,mix and master songs at this level.
I'm really after the best.

Infinity Curve
Gear: SH101, Monomachine, Machinedrum, Analog Four, lots of eurorack
Band: Infinity Curve

Post by Infinity Curve » Fri Jan 23, 2015 6:13 pm

ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Subliminal Sea

Post by ninja6485 » Fri Jan 23, 2015 7:43 pm

David Guetta uses his phone. I either like industry standard dance music, or pumping dance music, but when you put the two together, it gets a little extreme. The more I reflect on that statement,the less sure I am that I'm joking... :lol:
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Post by madtheory » Fri Jan 23, 2015 8:13 pm

SYNTHMAN1978 wrote: I'm really after the best.
Oh you mean, like, talent and stuff?

Stab Frenzy

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:42 am

SYNTHMAN1978 wrote:
gmeredith wrote:Maybe we should ask you the first and most important question - what is your budget?? How much are you intending to spend to get the results that you want? Once we know that, we might be able to suggest a studio/producer based on that.
I'm looking for high budgets. I'd like to know the exact kind of sudios and equipment that big names like David Guetta uses,SHM and Eric Pridz type of people.
I just want to know what services there are out there that produce,mix and master songs at this level.
I'm really after the best.
Infinity Curve wrote:http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pages/da ... -interview

software innit
And in case clicking on that link is too hard….
Musician's Friend: How much of your composition and production work is done in a studio, and how much is done on-the-go in hotel rooms and other locations?
David Guetta: First, I'm on the road pretty much all the time, so I have to be able to work a lot on the road, and what's interesting is that my setup...my regular setup, is not what I have on the road.I have my own studio in Ibiza where I spend the summer, one in London, and one in Paris...but they're only a room with good monitors and good acoustics, and what I do is I plug my laptop, my MIDI controller, and my UAD Card into the studio when I'm there.

Stab Frenzy

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 2:57 am

Eric Prydz interview:
Sam:
Well another question long awaited... we have many of these, almost done though. What is in your studio? You said before that you don't have a massive, bombtastic studio. What's in it?

Eric:
I would say nowadays, 80% of my tracks I make on my laptop with a pair of headphones. That's it. Or maybe 70% because I'm traveling so much, and I rarely have any time to spend in the studio. The laptop I'm using is an old crappy PC from 2004. I mean it was kind of state of the art back then; it's kind of a custom made laptop from Frost Network, which is made for making music on it basically. It's running a really old version of Logic. I think it's 5.2 or something like that. But I sort of like being limited, because then you... I don't know. Instead of trying to figure out how all the synthesizers work, you can work with a few instruments and try to make as much as possible out of that. As for my studio, I'm running a Macintosh with Logic 7, and like wavs, plugins, and I do have the Korg bundle as well. And then, I have one synthesizer I think which is a Korg MS-2000. I think it's MS-2000B. It's the new version. It's the one with the vocoder thing. Apart from that I don't have anything. It's like microphone preamps, microphones, stuff like that. But as I said before, I really like to keep the setup as small and compact as possible. It's not really what kind of fancy equipment you have, it's how you use the stuff that you actually have, you know. And I'm doing fine with the small setup I have, and I don't have any plans of getting a big show off studio. I don't need that.

tomorrowstops
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!

Post by tomorrowstops » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:31 am

Ayyyohhh! Stab Frenzy for the WIN!

Stab Frenzy

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sat Jan 24, 2015 3:34 am

Swedish House Mafia here talking about how their tracks are 100% made in their laptops, then run through the SSL bus comp.

...Because they think the make up gain sounds good.

So if you think that of all those people you wanted to sound like the difference is the tools you're using, buy this: http://www.solid-state-logic.com/music/ ... ompressor/ and then you should be a millionaire by the end of the year. The only other alternative is that it's not the gear, it's the talent (and I use the term loosely regarding the examples you've provided) of the person making the tracks.

Hybrid88
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: V-Synth, and other stuff...

Post by Hybrid88 » Sat Jan 24, 2015 7:01 am

No need to flame the guy.

Oh and it's great that you guys don't like dance music, it really is. I'm sure we all give a damn :roll:

ned-ryarson

Post by ned-ryarson » Sat Jan 24, 2015 1:07 pm

Hybrid88 wrote:No need to flame the guy.

Oh and it's great that you guys don't like dance music, it really is. I'm sure we all give a damn :roll:
Generally when someone goes on a rant in capital letters, writing words like "BOLLOCKS", like drunk mad man, they'll likely take a little flaming.

And I'm pretty sure we all appreciate the finer dance music, as synth heads, but it's tricky not to find someone shouting "PUMPING DANCE MUSIC" at you funny. It is for me anyway.

I actually hear him. He wants to 'compose' music, put down sketches or rough cuts, then take them for professional mix and master. Fair enough, to be fair. Take Liam Howlett of TheProdigy - composer, sound creator, whatever. And his producer produces the 'industry standard' production (Tongue twister or lack if thesaurus).

Separate crafts, no? Why, these days, must we master them all?