EHX B9 / C9 pedals with keyboards?

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.

EHX B9 / C9 pedals with keyboards?

Postby nvbrkr » Fri Apr 24, 2015 7:24 pm

Has anyone used the B9 or C9 organ machine pedals together with a keyboard? They're made primarily for guitarists, but the EHX website claims they are for keyboardists too. I haven't seen any Youtube demos of those pedals being used with a keyboard instrument so far.

I'm interested in using one with an analog poly or a stringer when playing live. I need B3'ish organ sounds for a few songs and my intention is to use a somewhat organ-like sound with the synth and layer that together with the organ sounds from the pedal. I wouldn't have to lug a MIDI keyboard with me.

I'm a bit worried about the reports on latency and how well the "source" sound coming from a keyboard instrument will transform into an organ sound. I'm pretty much sold on the tone of those pedals when used with a guitar. It doesn't have to be perfect, but some of the richness associated with the B3 tone underneath the synth's own sound would be nice. Some amount of latency isn't necessarily an issue, because I'd indeed just layer sounds.

Here's someone using the B9 together with a harmonica:

I like some of the possibilities this guy showcases here:
nvbrkr

Gear: An electric piano and analog synths.

Return to Sound Production