I Believe In America - new track

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.

I Believe In America - new track

Postby Tekhed66 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 3:46 pm

Hi all

Here's a new track I've just uploaded...
https://soundcloud.com/un-sound/i-believe-in-america

For you synth addicts (and who isn't around here??) who want to know the nuts and bolts, the drums were a mix of programmed and drum loops in Ableton Live, the sequenced keyboard bits were played by hand on a JD800 (at a slower tempo) but only the midi notes were recorded in Live... they were then cleaned up (quantised and duff notes corrected) and then fed back into the JD800 and played via Live's External Instrument. The other sounds were all played by yours truly on either the JD800 or a JD990. The samples were created and played on an Akai s3200xl.

Everything was kept nicely in sync by a Sync-Gen II Pro ....

I hope you like it and thanks for listening ;)
Tekhed66

Gear: Roland JD-990
Roland JD-800
Roland XV-5080
Kurzweil K2000
Yamaha An1x
Korg Triton Rack
Korg M1
Korg Radias
Korg Volca Beats
Akai s5000
Band: The Creepy Uncles

Re: I Believe In America - new track

Postby ninja6485 » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:12 pm

I like this. It's like salt tank meets Jean Michel Jarre meets land of rape and honey. The character in that guy's voice is great too! Who even is that saying "I believe in America?"
This looks like a psychotropic reaction. No wonder it's so popular...
ninja6485
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer

Gear: Virus Ti, Jx-8p, Juno 60, Radias, Maschine, 101,303,606,707,727,808,909, odyssey, mirage, akai s5K/s2K/s1k, drumtraks, E6400ult, M1R, rx5, fizmo,d50
Band: Lyra, The Sun Worshipers

Postby Tekhed66 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:34 am

ninja6485 wrote:I like this. It's like salt tank meets Jean Michel Jarre meets land of rape and honey. The character in that guy's voice is great too! Who even is that saying "I believe in America?"

Hi Ninja

Thanks for your comment and I'm glad you like the track :D

I confess that I spent too many hours in my formative years listening to Jarre (and TDream and Kraftwerk) so it's bound to show itself from time to time.... not a bad thing I suppose...

The opening vox "I believe in America..." was sampled from the BEST opening line to a movie ever... it's the first line you hear from the movie 'The Godfather' ... the character is having a 1 on 1 meeting with the Godfather and he tells him ho he believes in America and how he works hard and tries to do well ... his daughter was beaten and raped by two well do do, non-Italian (very important) boys and so he goes to the police... they go to court and the judge throws the case out and they get off... the father is angry and humiliated and so decides for justice, he must go to the Godfather... the second sample in the middle 8 "Why did you go to the police?..." is the Godfather who tells him he should have come to see him first and he would have received justice. The catch is that once you ask for help, you are forever in the Godfather's debt.

I watched the film recently and the track just fell out of the air... weird where you find inspiration...

cheers
Tekhed66

Roland JD-800
Roland XV-5080
Kurzweil K2000
Yamaha An1x
Korg Triton Rack
Korg M1
Korg Radias
Korg Volca Beats
Akai s5000

Postby Tekhed66 » Tue Aug 09, 2016 1:36 pm

AuroraStone wrote:It was a brilliant composition and I am addicted to it. Thankful to you for explaining the kind of external instruments used for this wonderful creation. We are waiting for these types of great and beautiful composition.

You Sir / Madam, are much too kind ... but I am chuffed and very glad you liked the track :D :D :D
Tekhed66

Roland JD-800
Roland XV-5080
Kurzweil K2000
Yamaha An1x
Korg Triton Rack
Korg M1
Korg Radias
Korg Volca Beats
Akai s5000

New spam attack???

Postby Tekhed66 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 1:50 am

Hi all

Does anyone know what's happening regarding these comments that keep cropping up in The Listening Lounge along the lines of complimenting the track "I Believe In America" (which I posted ages ago) and then having links to some essay writing website...

All of the posts are first and only posts and generally crop up every few weeks ... not sure if the post was written by a robot or by someone who's grasp of English is shaky at best.

I was just flagging this in the hope that any moderators/web hosts can nip this in the bud before we get another spam flood like we used to get in the bad old days.

thanks
Tekhed
Tekhed66

Roland JD-800
Roland XV-5080
Kurzweil K2000
Yamaha An1x
Korg Triton Rack
Korg M1
Korg Radias
Korg Volca Beats
Akai s5000

Postby meatballfulton » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:02 pm

We get spam like this almost daily. It's usually only one or two posts, not the huge bot deluges we had been getting a year ago.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.
meatballfulton

Gear: Live 9, Logic Pro X

Postby Tekhed66 » Tue Nov 28, 2017 3:01 am

meatballfulton wrote:We get spam like this almost daily. It's usually only one or two posts, not the huge bot deluges we had been getting a year ago.

Hi Meatball...

Yep - it's certainly not a flood but I thought that it might be the calm before the storm.... bloody annoying posts though.
Thanks for letting us know.
cheers
Tekhed66

Roland JD-800
Roland XV-5080
Kurzweil K2000
Yamaha An1x
Korg Triton Rack
Korg M1
Korg Radias
Korg Volca Beats
Akai s5000

Postby DidierAubin87 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:55 pm

I really like this. The title song is cool~
DidierAubin87

Postby DidierAubin87 » Tue Jan 09, 2018 9:11 am

I would like to hear it, unfortunately, I see "This track was not found. Maybe it has been removed" :(
DidierAubin87

Postby Tekhed66 » Wed Jan 10, 2018 2:48 pm

DidierAubin87 wrote:I would like to hear it, unfortunately, I see "This track was not found. Maybe it has been removed" :(

Hi Didier

I edited the original track which accidentally destroyed the Soundcloud link... the new link to the edited track is here:

https://soundcloud.com/un-sound/i-believe-in-america-v2

I hope you like the track.

cheers!
Tekhed66

Roland JD-800
Roland XV-5080
Kurzweil K2000
Yamaha An1x
Korg Triton Rack
Korg M1
Korg Radias