Ensoniq VFX SD sequencer OS

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
mis psiquicios y yo

Ensoniq VFX SD sequencer OS

Post by mis psiquicios y yo » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:39 am

Hello eyeryone, I just bought an Ensoniq VFX SD, it is on the mail right now. The seller told me he doesn't have the OS of the sequencer, so I was wondering if anyone around here knows where I can get it and how I could install it. Thanks
mis psiquicos y yo
In electronic music, sequencers are as important as synths, they all modify your composition and playing

alfadawg01
Gear: Ensoniq SD1, Alesis Ion, iPad2 (running Animoog, Galileo Organ, iM1, Mellotronics M3000HD, Pads & ThumbJam), Roland VR-09b.
Band: The Journey Worship Band

Re: Ensoniq VFX SD sequencer OS

Post by alfadawg01 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:43 am

mis psiquicios y yo

Post by mis psiquicios y yo » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:51 am

Thank you for the answer, but Is there a way to download the OS from the web to the computer and then make a diskette? By the way, the synth arrived and it is awesome!
mis psiquicos y yo
In electronic music, sequencers are as important as synths, they all modify your composition and playing

Rasputin

Post by Rasputin » Thu Mar 16, 2017 2:04 pm

mis psiquicios y yo wrote:Thank you for the answer, but Is there a way to download the OS from the web to the computer and then make a diskette? By the way, the synth arrived and it is awesome!
A tad bit late, but:

Ensoniq VFX SD Sequencer OS Disk 2.10, raw sector IMG

Ideally, you want to use Omniflop on an XP desktop with an internal floppy.
Last edited by Rasputin on Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:08 am, edited 2 times in total.

mis psiquicios y yo

Post by mis psiquicios y yo » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:48 pm

Many thanks Rasputin, this weekend I'm going to look for a desktop computer with a disk drive to download the file and test it on the VFX. I understand that using a USB drive is not recommended right?
mis psiquicos y yo

Rasputin

Post by Rasputin » Fri Mar 17, 2017 4:45 pm

mis psiquicios y yo wrote:Many thanks Rasputin, this weekend I'm going to look for a desktop computer with a disk drive to download the file and test it on the VFX. I understand that using a USB drive is not recommended right?
Not so much a matter of recommendation, but that it just won't work. 95-98% of vintage audio gear with a floppy drive uses non-DOS formatting which means USB drives are incapable of accessing the disk properly. It takes a special program (like Omniflop) and an internal floppy drive to make those special non-DOS disks. Some laptops with internal drives don't even work, so an old XP (or prior) desktop is the way to go if you have the space.

But even then, they aren't all made equal. I've seen XP machines work with Omniflop but fail with other programs even when directly booted to DOS (bypassing XP OS), so it can depend on your exact needs. Omniflop is about all that's needed these days, though.

mis psiquicios y yo

Post by mis psiquicios y yo » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:35 pm

I've finally got a copy of the OS of the sequencer for the VFX and it is awesome, sucha nice and easy to use sequencer. The unique wave synthesis, polyphony, effects and sequencer make this synth a winner.
mis psiquicos y yo

mis psiquicios y yo

Post by mis psiquicios y yo » Sat Jul 25, 2020 4:45 pm

Hey Rasputín, how you been doing?
As you can read above I own a VFX SD and I again lost the sequencer from it, but the bad thing is that my sequencer disc Is corrupted!
You posted the sequencer os Image above, but my question is, can I transmit the sequencer os directly to the VFX vía midi system exclusive?
Thanks in advance man!
mis psiquicos y yo