What should I buy?? (Synth players/Industrial Music)

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
User avatar
krzeppa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 597
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:27 pm
Real name: Kevin J
Band: Where the Embers Fall
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: What should I buy?? (Synth players/Industrial Music)

Post by krzeppa » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:00 am

I saw Stevie Wonder using one as well. Also bands like the Deftones and composers like Hans Zimmer and Danny Elfman (2 of my favorites btw) have also used them as well. So definitely versitle! :D

Online
Ashe37
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3777
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:43 pm
Real name: Unpronounceable
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V
Location: Central VA

Re: What should I buy?? (Synth players/Industrial Music)

Post by Ashe37 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:08 am

yeah i was originally going to start up a huge list but decided meh.

in this genre... lots of bands use one. Assemblage 23, VNV, Icon of Coil, Combichrist, Komor Kommando, etc etc etc...

User avatar
krzeppa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 597
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:27 pm
Real name: Kevin J
Band: Where the Embers Fall
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: What should I buy?? (Synth players/Industrial Music)

Post by krzeppa » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:13 am

Ashe37 wrote:yeah i was originally going to start up a huge list but decided meh.

in this genre... lots of bands use one. Assemblage 23, VNV, Icon of Coil, Combichrist, Komor Kommando, etc etc etc...
True....and if I'm not mistaken doesn't Access have patches available created by Icon of Coil? Also, I thought some time ago Tom Shear of Assemblage 23 put out a bank of patches as well, but I may be wrong.

Online
Ashe37
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3777
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:43 pm
Real name: Unpronounceable
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V
Location: Central VA

Re: What should I buy?? (Synth players/Industrial Music)

Post by Ashe37 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:21 am

Access has a set of Icon of Coil patches, Tom Shear had some of his Assemblage 23 patches up, i still have those.

User avatar
krzeppa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 597
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:27 pm
Real name: Kevin J
Band: Where the Embers Fall
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: What should I buy?? (Synth players/Industrial Music)

Post by krzeppa » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:25 am

Ashe37 wrote:Access has a set of Icon of Coil patches, Tom Shear had some of his Assemblage 23 patches up, i still have those.
How are the Tom Shear ones? Worth looking into or not?

Online
Ashe37
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3777
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:43 pm
Real name: Unpronounceable
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V
Location: Central VA

Re: What should I buy?? (Synth players/Industrial Music)

Post by Ashe37 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:35 am

krzeppa wrote:
Ashe37 wrote:Access has a set of Icon of Coil patches, Tom Shear had some of his Assemblage 23 patches up, i still have those.
How are the Tom Shear ones? Worth looking into or not?
They're decent. Several are actually patches from older A23 songs.

User avatar
krzeppa
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Posts: 597
Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:27 pm
Real name: Kevin J
Band: Where the Embers Fall
Location: Michigan, USA
Contact:

Re: What should I buy?? (Synth players/Industrial Music)

Post by krzeppa » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:42 am

Ashe37 wrote:
krzeppa wrote:
Ashe37 wrote:Access has a set of Icon of Coil patches, Tom Shear had some of his Assemblage 23 patches up, i still have those.
How are the Tom Shear ones? Worth looking into or not?
They're decent. Several are actually patches from older A23 songs.
....hmmm, if they are patches from old songs perhaps I don't need. I guess you could always take the patches as a starting to point to branch off into something else though.

Online
Ashe37
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 3777
Joined: Mon Jan 19, 2009 3:43 pm
Real name: Unpronounceable
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V
Location: Central VA

Re: What should I buy?? (Synth players/Industrial Music)

Post by Ashe37 » Sun Apr 02, 2017 4:57 am

they are. I don't remember if all of them are. I'd have to ask Tom.

Post Reply