Help Identyying synth used on childrens album

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
harryjacoby

Help Identyying synth used on childrens album

Post by harryjacoby » Sun Jun 17, 2018 5:14 pm

Hello synth enthusiasts,
I have been a fan since childhood of a video series called Baby Einstein. I have lately been trying to find the synths used in the series I posted last month about another cd in their series. Today I am posting about Baby Bach. It was released in 1998/99. Please help me identify what synths they used: http://dataup.sdasofia.org/MUSIC/Music- ... by%20Bach/
Also, BEMaster14 cannot answer until at least one other person has.

ranzee
Gear: http://www.ranzs.com/gear-list/
Band: ranzee ranz

Re: Help Identyying synth used on childrens album

Post by ranzee » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:56 am

I'm aware of these videos, as I am a father, and we purchased them for our first child around 2003.

Baby Einstein was the brain child of Julie Aigner-Clark. The early videos were just done by her and her husband. The Bach video was done in 1998 - and it was still only her and her husband. This was prior to the company hitting it big and eventually being sold to Disney.

The credits of the music is on the video. Julie is still around - so you could just contact her. However, from what I recall, they used a computer which played MIDI files and live recordings. I'm not sure which synth it was, but I'd be guessing something like the the Roland XP-50 or a Yamaha.

The sounds are quite GM and therefore generic. You could easily recreate them using a GM sound module.

ItsMeOnly
Gear: Wavestation, K3m, TG77, D-550, S2000, Model D, MODX6;
Out: MOXF6, DeepMind 12
Broken: DX100, 01R/W, U-220

Post by ItsMeOnly » Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:53 am

harryjacoby wrote:Baby Einstein.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105010
We heard you the first time...

harryjacoby

Post by harryjacoby » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:13 pm

ItsMeOnly wrote:
harryjacoby wrote:Baby Einstein.
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=105010
We heard you the first time...
Yeah well this is for another vid in the series.

harryjacoby

Post by harryjacoby » Tue Jun 19, 2018 3:16 pm

ranzee wrote:I'm aware of these videos, as I am a father, and we purchased them for our first child around 2003.

Baby Einstein was the brain child of Julie Aigner-Clark. The early videos were just done by her and her husband. The Bach video was done in 1998 - and it was still only her and her husband. This was prior to the company hitting it big and eventually being sold to Disney.

The credits of the music is on the video. Julie is still around - so you could just contact her. However, from what I recall, they used a computer which played MIDI files and live recordings. I'm not sure which synth it was, but I'd be guessing something like the the Roland XP-50 or a Yamaha.

The sounds are quite GM and therefore generic. You could easily recreate them using a GM sound module.
Julie did not create the music. A guy named Bill Weisbach did. I emailed him a few months a go and he did tell me what brands of synths he used he was did not elaborate on what models, possibly due to a contract with Disney.

Music Bird
Gear: Casio/Yamaha and an iPad.

Post by Music Bird » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:40 pm

It sounds like Korg M1, DX7II, Proteus something, and JV-1080 and similar stuff. Basic ROMpler, AI, and FM sounds. You can get Dexed, which is an emulation of the DX7. Korg X5 and NS5R have these sounds a plenty. Some of the orchestral stuff could be from a Roland XP or similar. Most is ROMplers like the M1 and XP-60 and FM synths like the DX7 and DX27.
Korg, Casio, Alesis, and Yamaha (Minilogue, WK-7600, SK-1, CT-X3000, SR-16, MX49)
FL Studio 12, VSTs, MIDI keyboard
Non synths include string, woodwind, percussion, and toys for SFX.

clubbedtodeath
Expert Member
Expert Member

Post by clubbedtodeath » Thu Jun 21, 2018 4:04 pm

You could use one of any number of General MIDI modules to get close. Even a Yamaha XG module would do it.

Or, you could use a cheap orchestral soft synth (eg. Garritan Personal Orchestra), which would sound much, much better.

ranzee
Gear: http://www.ranzs.com/gear-list/
Band: ranzee ranz

Post by ranzee » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:30 am

harryjacoby wrote:
ranzee wrote:I'm aware of these videos, as I am a father, and we purchased them for our first child around 2003.

Julie did not create the music. A guy named Bill Weisbach did. I emailed him a few months a go and he did tell me what brands of synths he used he was did not elaborate on what models, possibly due to a contract with Disney.
thanks