Wanted MC-202 10K tuning pot- or advice on alternatives

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.

Wanted MC-202 10K tuning pot- or advice on alternatives

Postby bleepScientific » Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:05 pm

I need to replace the very broken 10k linear "Tuning" pot on my MC-202 (thanks to my cat deciding the synth stand would make an excellent perch).

While I've found the 100k pots used by the 202 from a few sources, the 10k pot is proving more elusive. These pots are snap-in and rely on the additional legs soldered into the PCB for stability.

I actually have a couple of questions:

1) Does anyone (preferably in the US) have such a pot they be up to sell?

2) I've found a nearly identical pot but without the snap-in legs and I thought I might be able to solder/epoxy makeshift legs to then solder to the PCB. Any thoughts on this approach or other possible alternatives?

Thanks!
Jeremy

bleepScientific

Re: Wanted MC-202 10K tuning pot- or advice on alternatives

Postby Kentronix » Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:28 pm

Not sure its of help but when I had to replace a difficult push button on my microbrute I glued a bit of cut up rubber on to the back so it happily sat stood away from the circuit board but could also take pressure form above.

God I miss my 202, sold it many moons ago :(
Find the date of your vintage Roland gear
Kentronix

Gear: ABL3. Waldorf Rocket, MicroBrute, Volca Bass x 2, Volca Keys, Volca Beats, Rhythm wolf, Boss DR-550, Korg Delta, Yamaha DX-11, Roland D110, Reaper DAW

Return to HELP!