Crumar Bit 99 - should it Sound this way?

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
kawaiicroc

Crumar Bit 99 - should it Sound this way?

Post by kawaiicroc » Fri Jul 12, 2019 2:15 am

First post! I just got a Bit 99, and all seemed fine at first, but I noticed when I have a sound with ramp or triangle added, there is a ringing sound over top of the note played. The ringing is actually in tune with the note played and is only apparent on the lower notes.

At first I thought maybe this was normal, but I don’t hear it in any other demos that I’ve listened to. Can other Bit 99 users attest to this?

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Flangebeast Mk1, Plonkotron, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.
Band: Minim

Re: Crumar Bit 99 - should it Sound this way?

Post by madtheory » Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:24 am

Welcome here! Yes they do this, kinda sounds like aliasing on a sample. If you could post an audio example, just to be sure, that would clear things up right away.

kawaiicroc

Re: Crumar Bit 99 - should it Sound this way?

Post by kawaiicroc » Sat Jul 13, 2019 5:17 pm

madtheory wrote:
Sat Jul 13, 2019 11:24 am
Welcome here! Yes they do this, kinda sounds like aliasing on a sample. If you could post an audio example, just to be sure, that would clear things up right
Aliases is exactly what it sounds like. I will post a clip, but I think you nailed it.