Roland-JX3P with Organix

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
barra

Roland-JX3P with Organix

Post by barra » Sun Oct 27, 2019 8:57 pm

Hi,

I have a Roland MKS 50 (Juno Alpha Rack Mount) and a Oberheim Matrix 1000. I use both with my daw's sequencer and control the Roland in realtime with my own custom software in combination with the Behringer BCR2000. This allows me to load patches from my pc to the MKS 50 and get all the lights on the rotary encoders to light up correctly for each new patch selection. I can then adjust all the parameters for the patch using the controller in real time. As I adjust the parameters from the controller, my software is also updated with these changes so that I can at any point in time, save the current version of the patch in my software for later use.

I recently saw a Roland-JX3P for sale and it includes the Organix midi upgrade. As I understand it, this would allow me to work with the JX3P in exactly the same way as I do now with the Juno Alpha. The only difference is that I will be sending CC messages instead of the Sysex messages. Am I right in thinking this? Is the JX3P with Organix the right choice for my purposes or is there any reason why the rack mount version might be more suitable - other than size constraints?

Thanks for your help!

Barra

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Roland-JX3P with Organix

Post by meatballfulton » Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:02 pm

Are you asking about replacing the Juno with the JX3P?
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

barra

Re: Roland-JX3P with Organix

Post by barra » Mon Oct 28, 2019 8:42 am

meatballfulton wrote:
Sun Oct 27, 2019 10:02 pm
Are you asking about replacing the Juno with the JX3P?
No, I will get a new controller for the JX3P should I get it and keep the Juno Alpha.