Synthheads discuss the not directly synth-related stuff.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines
Note: This forum is routinely purged. Topics will be deleted after 30 days with no replies. Think of "Off Topic" as a place to discuss what's on your mind, and have fun. If you feel a topic deserves to live on permanently, you should ask a Moderator if they would consider making it a "Sticky".
Telliot

Post by Telliot » Thu Nov 28, 2019 9:48 pm

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I don’t know if anyone here is a member on OSG, but I’ve been a longtime contributor there. I guess we aren’t allowed to swear here? That’s a bummer. 🙂

A bit about me:

I’ve been writing and recording music since I was about 10 (I’m 46 now! 😬), and I play keyboards, guitar, bass, and drums (badly). Lately I’ve been returning to my synthpop roots, and currently own a Moog Prodigy and Prophet-6, with various softsynths to boot. I have tons to learn about synths, however, so I apologize in advance for any dumb questions I might pose.

Hyde
Gear: Ensoniq Mirage-EPS-EPS16-ASR10
Ensoniq SQ1-SQ1+
Akai S2000
E-MU ESI2000
Band: When Violets Turn Grey

Re: Newbie

Post by Hyde » Fri Nov 29, 2019 5:58 pm

Fun collection! Welcome
Makin' Noises

Telliot

Post by Telliot » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:51 am

Thanks! Is it just me, or is this forum insanely quiet? 😳

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:36 pm

Telliot,

A few years ago this site was victim of massive spam attacks. Like literally hundreds of spam posts every day which caused many regular posters to abandon ship. The spam issue was finally dealt with but the traffic here has never returned to where it was before.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Telliot

Post by Telliot » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:06 pm

Ah, that really sucks. I suppose that’s why all my posts need approval before they show up in the thread, as well? I was wondering why everything feels so guarded here.

Hyde
Gear: Ensoniq Mirage-EPS-EPS16-ASR10
Ensoniq SQ1-SQ1+
Akai S2000
E-MU ESI2000
Band: When Violets Turn Grey

Post by Hyde » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:14 pm

Its still a great source for technical expertise. Some very knowledgable around here. not a lot of fluff. which is nice
Makin' Noises

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:38 pm

Telliot wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:06 pm
Ah, that really sucks. I suppose that’s why all my posts need approval before they show up in the thread, as well?
Once you've made enough posts you no longer need mod approval. I still clear out about a half dozen spams a day, these days a lot of Russian ones for some reason.
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

Ashe37
Gear: Ensoniq SD-1/32,SQR,VFX,ESQm
Virus Indigo, M3-61 , MS2000BR, Volca Bass
Emu XL-7, Matrix 6r
TG-33, K3m, Blofeld, Micron, Mopho, BS II, JV-1080
Band: Eridani V

Post by Ashe37 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:53 pm

meatballfulton wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:38 pm
Telliot wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:06 pm
Ah, that really sucks. I suppose that’s why all my posts need approval before they show up in the thread, as well?
Once you've made enough posts you no longer need mod approval. I still clear out about a half dozen spams a day, these days a lot of Russian ones for some reason.
And I clear out another half-dozen, usually. Its not the page after page from the height of the problem, tho....

Weirdofromouterspace
Gear: MFOS SLMS+ & Ultimate, TTSH, DX7IID, DX21, Minibrute, Poly-800, microKORG, microSAMPLER, Volca Beats & Bass, JX-03, Tr-8, Kawai K1, Jasper

Post by Weirdofromouterspace » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:48 pm

Hi and welcome, Telliot :welcomeparty:
meatballfulton wrote:
Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:36 pm
A few years ago this site was victim of massive spam attacks. Like literally hundreds of spam posts every day
Oh yes. That junk in Korean language. I remember it all too well. I think I alone reported about 10 - 20 every f-ing day :evil: :roll: .
meatballfulton wrote:
which caused many regular posters to abandon ship. The spam issue was finally dealt with but the traffic here has never returned to where it was before.
And that is one hell of a shame.
Don't forget to TURN ON THE SYNTHESIZER. Often this is the reason why you get no sound out of it. - ARP 2600 manual, 1971

Dr. Phibes

Post by Dr. Phibes » Thu Dec 05, 2019 2:08 pm

meatballfulton wrote:
Telliot,

A few years ago this site was victim of massive spam attacks. Like literally hundreds of spam posts every day which caused many regular posters to abandon ship. The spam issue was finally dealt with but the traffic here has never returned to where it was before.
Damn. I've recently gotten back into synthesizers and was wondering why this place had become so quiet.