Behringer Poly D

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
AnalogKid

Behringer Poly D

Post by AnalogKid » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:30 pm

What are your thoughts on the Behringer Poly D? At $699, is it causing you to have GAS:

Telliot

Re: Behringer Poly D

Post by Telliot » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:56 am

I’m pretty damn excited about this. I know a lot of people aren’t happy with Behringer’s practices as of late, but I applaud their efforts to provide the market with affordable ‘vintage’ synths. Let’s be honest, those who own the original will never be in danger of seeing their gear lose value. I think those days have come and gone.

teevee

Re: Behringer Poly D

Post by teevee » Thu Dec 05, 2019 7:29 am

Telliot wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:56 am
I’m pretty damn excited about this. I know a lot of people aren’t happy with Behringer’s practices as of late, but I applaud their efforts to provide the market with affordable ‘vintage’ synths. Let’s be honest, those who own the original will never be in danger of seeing their gear lose value. I think those days have come and gone.
I agree, I could honestly live without the sequencer and I think it would have been more interesting, if Behringer added the FX in similar idea/concept as they did for Behringer Odyssey. (My opinion)

I also don’t think the original Moog will lose value, but “Market interest” as end-users now has alternative options, which was not there before.