Tuning a Poly61

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
rjd2

Post by rjd2 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 5:18 am

congrats, sweet deal. jam out!

hey, ive been putting off calibrating the pitch bend on mine. can you confirm that the hi and low pots on that board control that? and what board is it on?

thanks much!

cineman

Post by cineman » Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:40 pm

if you want to regulate the pitch bend max and min you dont have to touch the trimmer on the voice board but the trimmer on the clock board, it is the board under the volume, band, frequency and tune knob on the left of the synth.
If you look at that board you can see 3 little hole with a trimmer behind, you need a very little screwdiver to adj them: in the up right just near the tune knob there is VR5 TUNE ADJ, wich is a main tune for all the synth. In the down right there are other 2 little hole with trimmers: VR6 BEND UP ADJ and VR7 BEND DOWN ADJ, these are the trimmer you need to touch for regulate the extreme of the pitch bend knob. I put a photo of the trimmer ;)

rjd2

Post by rjd2 » Sun Jan 06, 2008 2:56 pm

thanks brother! you just shaved 5 or 10 minutes off me looking through manuals and s**t! thats great.

cineman

Post by cineman » Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:29 pm

what manuals do you have? i found on the web the user manual, are there other documents around?
I just tried to save and load patches from wave file on pc and it works, have you got some wave files of patches?
Workstation GEM WK6, Yamaha DX7 IID with Grey Matter E!, Korg Poly 61

Jays

Post by Jays » Mon Jan 07, 2008 1:08 am

cineman wrote:Say hello to the new re-born Korg Poly61 :D :D :roll:

You better also change that blue Varta battery for a CR2032 before it leak and then it will seriously damage your now-working Poly !

rjd2

Post by rjd2 » Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:25 pm

cineman, i only have the user manual, and the factory preset files. i frankly havent spent much time programming it. i am very lucky to have some big dog poly's, so most of my time gets spent there. but i like the machine, and always recommend it as a starter analog synth cause its great for the price.

unfortunately, its budget status was shown yet again when i calibrated the pitch bend. i COULDNT put the down to a 5th, which the up would let me do. it took me 5 minutes just to be able to get them both to do whole step up AND down, and i had to crank the h**l out of one pot. not smart design.

coolfog

Re: Tuning a Poly61

Post by coolfog » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:53 pm

Here is a video that might help some people.