Roland JD-Xi Vs Roland Boutiques

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
80snostalgia

Roland JD-Xi Vs Roland Boutiques

Post by 80snostalgia » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:42 pm

I'm a big fan of Roland products, 2nd favourite is Korg, I'll come to that on another post..

I've probably been looking and wondering about getting the JD-Xi for 2 years.
Where as I've instantly gone and bought quite a few Roland Boutiques.

The Boutiques have got nice authentic sounds, I like the speakers too, not forgetting the sequencer.

The JD-Xi has got nice sounds, but I think the attraction is the songs you can make in four parts.

I think I'm hoping the JD-Xi has vintage sounds or maybe they can be customised.
Example, the 'Viennese lead' from Ultravoxs Vienna, I know I've heard a similar sound on YouTube JD-Xi vids, but I could also go out and get a Korg ODYSSEY and nail it straight away, but I'm sure I already found a similar sound on Boutiques, I wish they wouldn't discontinue them!

By the way, I'm looking for a D-05 that's under £400, as you can see on my pic they originally sold for well under new.

Anyway can the JD-Xi contend with the Boutiques?
Your thoughts?
Attachments
Screenshot_20210121-180325.png

davidGGlines

Topic

Post by davidGGlines » Wed Oct 13, 2021 2:14 pm

Hello,

I'm satisfied with my JP-08 and I dont want anything else. I like most of the features, especially running my synth into DAW via USB.
A friend of mine has a JU-06A and he's also enjoying it.