Are these pipe/flute sounds from the DX7??

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
luvsynths

Are these pipe/flute sounds from the DX7??

Post by luvsynths » Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:04 am

For a while now. something has been buggin me. I have heard the two sounds below, and could swear that several years ago, I heard them on a video of someone playing DX7 sounds. I am thinking they could possibly be part of a special patch or sound bank? I just know I've heard them in several songs and music throughout the 1980's and early 1990s. Take a listen to the links and tell me what you know about them? They are set to start playing right where the sound begins; each sound goes for several seconds.

Push-Pull

Re: Are these pipe/flute sounds from the DX7??

Post by Push-Pull » Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:50 pm

For the two first ones, I don't know... Maybe a DX, but it's a sound easy to recreateon many synths.

For th last one, that's not a DX because it's a sample: I'm pretty sur to reconize the famous Emulator's shakuhashi played on higher pitch than usual.
The making of my modular... (ok it's in french, but the pictures are easy to understand !)

xperience2

Post by xperience2 » Sun Feb 06, 2022 8:52 am

The last one is shakuhachi from emulator from 1984.

luvsynths

Post by luvsynths » Mon Feb 14, 2022 6:10 am

Push-Pull wrote:
Thu Feb 03, 2022 9:50 pm
For the two first ones, I don't know... Maybe a DX, but it's a sound easy to recreateon many synths.

For th last one, that's not a DX because it's a sample: I'm pretty sur to reconize the famous Emulator's shakuhashi played on higher pitch than usual.

Awesome! Thanks so much!!!