MidiQuest 12 released new module for Alesis Micron

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
syevad

MidiQuest 12 released new module for Alesis Micron

Post by syevad » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:19 am

Only few days ago SysQuest released the module for Alesis Micron - at long last! (and Ion and Miniak too) - to my knowledge this is going to be the very first proper librarian for this synth - the editor should be also of high quality considering the price - (then there are already some free alternatives).

I've tested the demo only today and looks really promising - it deals with Programs but unlike other software it can list also Patterns, Rhythm, and Setups.

Look promising - enough to think of buying it (I don't like the iLok though).

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Re: MidiQuest 12 released new module for Alesis Micron

Post by madtheory » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:45 am

If you have a lot of hardware synths, I think MIDIQuest is a real life saver and the online tech support is brilliant.

syevad

Re: MidiQuest 12 released new module for Alesis Micron

Post by syevad » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:58 pm

I've read some very negative reviews about the iLok system (the one used by Midi Quest) and pondering if it is worth using such as invasive and potentially harmful security system. Does the Mac version use the same system? (btw - I haven't bought a Mac yet...but maybe there is a good excuse now).