vermona mono lancet sounds bloody amazing!

Discussions about anything analog, digital, MIDI, synth technology, techniques, theories and more.
Factory all stars
Gear: ms 20 mini ,sq1,,tr33, Gibson 330,Gibson sg,fender deluxe reverb vermona mono lancet,melodica,various and copious effects pedals,jx3p
Band: Stockholme Syndrome

vermona mono lancet sounds bloody amazing!

Post by Factory all stars » Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:19 pm

have had it a couple of months now and f**k me,this thing sounds proper good,in fact double good.As a bit of a novice{i play guitar quite well tho] i decided on this baby and its all there,kraftwerk,early human league,cabaret voltaire,50s sci fi movies,john carpenter soundtracks,i even managed to get some joy division style pads outta it[arp omni, closer album]with a bit of echo and an mxr flanger.anyone else rate this little beauty or what? :D

Kidney05
Gear: Juno 106, Tetra, Mopho Keyboard, Little Phatty Stage II, RX-5, Volcas, JX-3P, R5, 505, TX-7, D550, TX81Z, Korg MS-20 Mini, Minibrute, Six Traks, TR-8

Re: vermona mono lancet sounds bloody amazing!

Post by Kidney05 » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:00 pm

I've wanted to hear more of that thing. can you post a demo or something? Love to hear what you come up with.

Sexor
Gear: Prophet6, Jupiter-7, MS25, Juno-50, TR-303, Rhodes 63

Post by Sexor » Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:58 pm

Yeah, a friend of mine has it, and I'm quite pleased with its sound compared to many of the new analogs out there. Knobs feel nice too.

My only gripe with it is that the only way to change the pulse width of the oscs is via midi cc, but I guess the sneaky chaps at Vermona may have done that on purpose to have more people buy their eurorack patch panel expander :roll:
Monkey business since 2007!

Factory all stars
Gear: ms 20 mini ,sq1,,tr33, Gibson 330,Gibson sg,fender deluxe reverb vermona mono lancet,melodica,various and copious effects pedals,jx3p
Band: Stockholme Syndrome

Post by Factory all stars » Sat Apr 14, 2012 12:43 pm

willl try and upload summat when i get some spare time[dunno if am comin or goin at the minute],there is an amazing demo by redchapterjubilee on here somewhere,its the reason i bought it,have a look for that one

Stab Frenzy
Gear: Eurorack, RYTM, Ultranova, many FX

Post by Stab Frenzy » Sun Apr 15, 2012 6:50 am

I played with one when I was in Germany last year and my impression was that the sound quality was fantastic but the standard synth lacked a bit of modulation possibilities unless you added the Eurorack dock.

redchapterjubilee

Post by redchapterjubilee » Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:08 pm

Yay! Glad I turned other folks onto this little box. It's completely cured me of wanting to buy another analog monosynth. I mean, sure, I'd take a Mini over it! But at $620 for this verses $2500+ for a Mini...I do miss oscillator sync and pwm. I also wish mod wheel affected lfo amount as opposed to pulse width, and wish that you could turn the oscillators completely off to play the filter in self-oscillation (though its tracking isn't 100% like a Moog's). Small tradeoffs.
http://facebook.com/greatunwashedluminaries
ANALOG SYNTHESIZERS + EFFECTS + COMPUTERS