A nice website for gear addicts

Discussions on sound production outside the synthesizer such as mixing, processing, recording, editing and mastering.
Tekhed66
Gear: Roland JD990 / JD800 / XV5080 / SH-01a,
Behringer DM12, Korg Triton Rack / M1 / Radias,
Akai s5000, Yamaha An1x, Kawai K5000s,
Studiologic Sledge 2
Band: The Creepy Uncles

Re: A nice website for gear addicts

Post by Tekhed66 » Mon May 03, 2021 12:33 pm

desmond wrote:
Mon Apr 12, 2021 4:30 pm
Thanks. And indeed, I had exactly the same problem to face. Here's how I *chose* to implement it:

Hypothetically, say we have an interview with Pete Townsend, the bass player with the Who. Now, if you asked someone, "Hey, you know that keyboard player Pete Townsend?", they'd likely go "Ugh, you mean the bass player, the guy from the Who?".

He's known as a bass player. But yes, he's into synths, has a bunch, and even played synth stuff on the Who recordings. I've no idea what his keyboard skills arelike, but he certainly plays keyboards.

Do I mark him as a keyboard player on the site?
It might be better if you marked Pete Townshend as a GUITARIST... unless of course he overdubbed all of John Entwhistle's bass parts and we don't know about it ;)

BTW, Jean-Michel Jarre (the keyboard player!) collaborated with Pete Townshend for the very reason that he was a bit of a synth guru and that ability helped him to evolve The Who's sound (eg. synth/keyboard parts on 'Who Are You?')

desmond

Re: A nice website for gear addicts

Post by desmond » Mon May 03, 2021 2:11 pm

Tekhed66 wrote:
Mon May 03, 2021 12:33 pm
It might be better if you marked Pete Townshend as a GUITARIST... unless of course he overdubbed all of John Entwhistle's bass parts and we don't know about it ;)
Sorry yeah, my bad, was just a hypothetical off the top of my head to illustrate a point (he's not currently in my DB).

But you get my point, anyway. :thumbleft: