Ridiculous eBay 'Buy-it-now' and starting bids.

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
Tekhed66
Gear: JD990, JD800, XV5080, Triton Rack, M1, Radias, Wavestation A/D, Akai s5000, An1x, Sledge 2.0, Motif ES6

Re: Ridiculous eBay 'Buy-it-now' and starting bids.

Post by Tekhed66 » Tue Jul 26, 2022 1:14 am

ʝɵʝɵ wrote:
Fri Jul 22, 2022 10:56 pm
ʝɵʝɵ wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:58 am
When looking into getting a K2500 or any of its variants, I checked the offers on ebay... sure enough, some shops think that they can charge you anything if the thing works, no matter how butchered it is.
It's that time of the year again. :mrgreen:

I know the JD-800 prices are beyond crazy these days, but... $2000 for a butchered unit? You must be pretty desparate to get that one. I have no idea how used JD prices compare in the US vs. Europe, but I recently got mine for less than half of that asking price, including a flight case and ROM card, in visually great condition.
I paid $1000 for mine about 5 years ago... it came with two expansion cards (standard and dance) plus it had a new replacement keyboard (no red glue here!!)... It was in perfect visual condition but a bit dirty inside so I completely stripped it, desoldered all of the sliders and cleaned them, replaced all of the push buttons and it was as new... looked and sounded great ... BUT (and there's always a but), about a month or two ago, it started producing a ground hum that I still can't trace... I'd rather spend $$ on it to fix it than sell it... mine is a keeper.