Yamaha EX7

A forum for discussing the pros & cons of buying a particular synth and for advice on buying synthesizers.
polar69
Gear: An1x CS1x Rm1x MPD24 Stylophone Zoom gfx100 Reason Reaper

Yamaha EX7

Post by polar69 » Sat Oct 25, 2008 9:13 pm

So there I was at the wife's annual Cardiac Monitoring Unit ball ( it was a shocker ) There was a band playing Brown Eyed Girl and all the usual "do" standards, anyway the keys player was using a Korg M1 and what I assumed to be at first glance a Yamaha DX ubt on closer inspection turned out to be a nice blue EX7. So reading the VSE equipment guide on these hallowed pages would I be right in assuming a EX7 is an AN1x with a sampler , more keys and extra arps and sequencer tracks ? Has anyone played one and what do they sell for these days ?

Gianni

Re: Yamaha EX7

Post by Gianni » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:04 pm

polar69 wrote: ....would I be right in assuming a EX7 is an AN1x with a sampler , more keys and extra arps and sequencer tracks ?
[-X

Actually it is an EX5 minus Virtual Acoustic. :D There was a recent discussion about this a while ago.

I see it as an early Fusion. 4 types of synthesis, not the best looks, nice key feel and good sounds.
Analog sounds are definitely not the best but keys' sounds (piano, organ, elec piano are very good).
When using the EX5 I really liked the possibilities of mixing AN+AWM or VL+AWM or whatever! It also had very good effects for the cost.
The only bad thing is slow patch changing and some timing out problems due to the slow internal engine.

crystalmsc
Synth Explorer
Synth Explorer
Gear: uWaveXT,uQ,Pulse+;Ion;MiniBrt,Karma,Mntrb,Volcas,01R;Venom,NordModular,L2X;Evolver;JP8080,MKS70,JD990,D50,MC909,MC80ex,Microcon2;TG77,RS7k,AN200,AN1x
Band: Crystaline

Post by crystalmsc » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:20 am

Gianni wrote:I see it as an early Fusion.
nice view :)
Kaossilatron - Voicillator
http://crystaline.bandcamp.com
Station: Ableton Live 10 Suite, Obscurium, Push 2, Ultranova, MS-20m, Wavedrums