Issues with the Mozzi synthesiser, which is based on an Arduino.

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
bisky29

Issues with the Mozzi synthesiser, which is based on an Arduino.

Post by bisky29 » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:32 am

The audio input function isn't working for me. It adds high-frequency noise to any audio I give it, with the noise's frequency matching the CONTROL RATE frequency. Normally, I'd assume my code is faulty, but the problem is that it was running fine until I decided to reupload the same code to my Arduino a week later, at which point the problem began. It's also visible in the provided example sketches. And it's not a hardware problem, because the same pcb worked the first time I tried it. I tried reinstalling everything and compiling under Linux, but it didn't work. Please let me know if anyone has any ideas what might be wrong, or if anyone is on the Mozzi forums and would be willing to post a thread about this issue for me (send me a note if you are interested).

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Re: Issues with the Mozzi synthesiser, which is based on an Arduino.

Post by madtheory » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:49 pm

Sounds like you're hearing aliasing due to the low SR. Can you post an audio example though? That would be much easier to diagnose.