SOLVED: Roland JV-80 Pitch/Mod/C1 not working localy

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
readymedia
Gear: TS12, ASR10, KS RACK, SY77, O1W/FD, JV80, MASCHINE STUDIO+JAM, PUSH 2, 2x ZAQUENCER, a bit of modular and other stuff...

SOLVED: Roland JV-80 Pitch/Mod/C1 not working localy

Post by readymedia » Sat Mar 16, 2024 12:48 am

Hi here!

I reactivated my Roland JV-80 after a long break and the PitchBend/ModWeel and C1 are not working localy.

External MIDI gear can control Pitch Bend and Modulation inside JV-80.

In test Mode pitch Bend and Mod Weel and C1 Fader reacts properly according to Service Manual.
I can also see C1 values moving in PATCH : PLAY->CONTROL mode -> "C1 ASSIGN".

[Update]I can control external MIDI gear with JV-80s PichBend/ModWeel and C1. So its for sure something with routing inside JV80.

What could it be?

Maybe a hint can be that the PRESENCE Fader also dont work = But at the other side it is just an analog EQ - so here maybe just the fader is broken.

Update #2: May the magic happens behind the TRANSPOSE button. Have to check it when Im at home.

Update #3: Well, TRANSPOSE button does not help so far ...

Best!, Ready
Last edited by readymedia on Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

readymedia
Gear: TS12, ASR10, KS RACK, SY77, O1W/FD, JV80, MASCHINE STUDIO+JAM, PUSH 2, 2x ZAQUENCER, a bit of modular and other stuff...

Re: Roland JV-80 Pitch/Mod/C1 not working localy

Post by readymedia » Wed Mar 20, 2024 1:20 am

Me again! ;)

It seems that also TRANSPOSE switch is not working (it light up, but there is no effect). Well, I can change the Transpose Value in the TUNE & FUNCTION menu, but pressing TRANSPOSE button takes no effect then...

So it is still a lack of internal connection from the controllers: Pitch Bend Weel , Mod Weel, C1 Slider, TRANSPOSE knob...

I can easily controll the pitch via LFO 1 oder LFO 2...

Strange...

readymedia

Re: Roland JV-80 Pitch/Mod/C1 not working localy

Post by readymedia » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:52 pm

UPDATE:
Problem solved!

The thing is that my keybed was not attached. I fight the red glue problem in parallel. With keybed attached the JV80 reacts normaly to PitchBend and Modulation. :)))
Best!, Ready