KORG POLY 800 LED Display not working

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
echolab
KORG POLY 800 LED Display not working

Post by echolab » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:03 pm

The display on my Poly 800 has stopped working /:

It's the early Mk1 which had no cell battery but one has been added. The factory patches need to be reloaded as it has the low to high noise sound you get when they are gone but with no display I can't reload the patches. I checked all the ribbon cables and they are fine, so I ordered a spare display board on eBay (KLM-597) but the display still does not light up so I'm guessing it's an issue somewhere else. It powers up (I'm using batteries) and there is sound so I don't want to give up on her!!! I'm no good with multimeters etc so I'm just checking if there is anything I should check that could cause the KLM-597 display unit not to work?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Echo

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear:Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Re: KORG POLY 800 LED Display not working

Post by madtheory » Thu Jun 03, 2021 2:46 pm

Sorry, but the first thing to check would be supply voltage to the display. Second thing would be ripple in the supply line caused probably by a failed capacitor. That would show up on a DMM too (scope is better).