Roland MKS70 Display Coil

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
middy

Roland MKS70 Display Coil

Post by middy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 4:04 pm

Hello All.

New here and tho my 1st post is a cry for help I must say after browsing around the forum I've concluded this is a great place.

I've seen a few threads here on this particicular display part for the Roland MKS70 but rather than piggyback an old thread I'd start a new one straight to the point.

Roland part# 12449251 "DC-DC converter coil" T1

If anyone either has this spare part for sale or could point me in the direction to purchase it it would very Much appreciated.

I'm going to make an attempt at contacting Roland and Sumida to see if they can assist.

If anybody has any information or recent experience I'd love to hear from you.

rhino
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: keepers:
Kurzweil K2500x
Ensoniq TS-12
Yamaha SY-99
Alesis QS-8
Roland JD-800
Roland JX-10
Akai AX-80
Ensoniq SQ-80
Korg DSS-1
Moog Mini
Fizmo

Re: Roland MKS70 Display Coil

Post by rhino » Tue Apr 02, 2013 5:52 pm

Welcome to the board!

Not much help - only aa LOT of work. I posted this sometime back:

http://www.vintagesynth.com/forum/viewt ... il#p673165
When the wise man points to the stars, the fool looks at the finger.
- Confucius

middy

Re: Roland MKS70 Display Coil

Post by middy » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:46 pm

Thanks Rhino. I really like this forum.

That looks tricky. I'm willing to take a stab at that even though I have never done this before. Everything I've done with electronics has been a first out of necessity. I also saw something on YT about a non original display from something else being retrofitted. (can't access YT at work to be more specific).

It was actually you're post back a couple years that got me thinking I may be able to land a replacement. They sent you the last half dozen or so? I actually called Roland US and though friendly.. not a clue.

I do have a PG800 on the way. But rudimentary controls will of course be null. Any other possible work arounds?

Does the online editor for version 1.08 pretty much only cover the same parameters as the pg800?

My feeling is that even a T1 scrapped from another unit would probably be close to failure as well.

I wonder if the pins can be carefully removed shortened and cleaned and reattached.

If anyone did have a scrapper i would still love to buy it just the same.