How to close/remove my account?

Synthheads discuss the not directly synth-related stuff.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines
Note: This forum is routinely purged. Topics will be deleted after 30 days with no replies. Think of "Off Topic" as a place to discuss what's on your mind, and have fun. If you feel a topic deserves to live on permanently, you should ask a Moderator if they would consider making it a "Sticky".
bmeres

How to close/remove my account?

Post by bmeres » Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:30 am

I do not need the account anymore, I have too few posts to PM an admin/moderator for help.

And nobody replies via the Contact Us link in the footer of the site.

What to do?

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: How to close/remove my account?

Post by meatballfulton » Wed Jan 11, 2023 1:49 am

Do you really need to remove it?

It's not something moderators can do. The site admin can do it but is hard to reach most of the time (as you have seen).
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

bmeres

Re: How to close/remove my account?

Post by bmeres » Tue Jan 17, 2023 10:20 am

Thanks for getting back to me.

I'm cleaning up my online presence and would yes, really like to close all accounts that I do not need. On all other forums (I've been a member on lots of places) I've been able to either delete it myself or have an mod or admin remove it.

I'm not that picky or make a scene if it's totally impossible to reach the fella with the rights to delete, but since the GDRP laws became active I think (not 100% sure) that every forum are obliged to offer removal to registered users. So future situations it might be wise for the forum to look into it having mods be able to do it as well.

If admin is not reachable and you can't do it as a moderator. Can you change my username to something anonymous with moderator rights, say user404 or something?