Heavily Saturated Chroma Polaris jam no effecs

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
ryankm
Gear: Fender Chroma Polaris
Arturia MiniBrute
Guitars & bass

Heavily Saturated Chroma Polaris jam no effecs

Post by ryankm » Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:39 pm

fuzzy bass jam

The first minute and thirty seconds may be a bit confusing before stuff starts to fall together.

Sorry i had to record playthrough of amp with phone because the 'ol computer is down. It bothered me so at my parents house I normalized the audio via Audacity, so now the bass will blow out your laptop speakers, but it'll sound better on amp. Sorry for low volume and lots of buzz, but I had sent to tamp via 10' quarter inch rca to stereo... Rca adapter to 1/8th analog. Then 20' all the way to amp and back to RCA into the tape. I can't amplify to much either because I have a heavy speaker load so here it is.

I just realized it sounds good from a cell phone.

Really brings out the guitar and still has all the detail in synth and wamth of bass... I have my android device in developer mode though and you get all these extra features for audio... Like tube pre amp, they have thing too where they make it sound like it was made using really high end hardware.
Last edited by ryankm on Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ryankm
Arturia MiniBrute
Guitars & bass

Re: Heavily Saturated Chroma Polaris jam no effecs

Post by ryankm » Mon Dec 07, 2020 7:26 pm

I wanted to talk today about how sharp the 12db filter sounds on this thing and what other peoples impressions might be and if they've had any luck getting sounds like this from other synths.

Last edited by ryankm on Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ryankm
Arturia MiniBrute
Guitars & bass

Post by ryankm » Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:11 am

Stupid smart phone. I had another one that was louder, but to muddy. Android needs Audacity.

ryankm
Arturia MiniBrute
Guitars & bass

Post by ryankm » Mon Dec 14, 2020 4:37 am

Got another high fidelity recording here with Chroma polaris in unison with Prophet rev2. You can here it behind the prophet rev2 keys adding character.

ryankm
Arturia MiniBrute
Guitars & bass

Post by ryankm » Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:15 am

I think this one's better listening.

ryankm
Arturia MiniBrute
Guitars & bass

Post by ryankm » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:40 am

Just another POS cell phone recording. I'd like to note how the Polaris is bright and really stand out here, but hey; I had to make something.

ryankm
Arturia MiniBrute
Guitars & bass

Post by ryankm » Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:26 am

Forgot to post this one from awhile back. I am using the synchronizor from the Fender Chroma Polaris to send midi notes to a Prophet Rev2.

KayBur

Post by KayBur » Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:41 pm

ryankm wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:11 am

Stupid smart phone. I had another one that was louder, but to muddy. Android needs Audacity.
Depends on the smartphone model. On my Samsung, it sounds great, I'm not complaining at all.

ryankm
Arturia MiniBrute
Guitars & bass

Post by ryankm » Sat May 01, 2021 7:04 pm

KayBur wrote:
Fri Apr 30, 2021 12:41 pm
ryankm wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:11 am

Depends on the smartphone model. On my Samsung, it sounds great, I'm not complaining at all.

I get better mixes with a computer doing a direct in... But these do sound all right and I like getting the speaker sound... The computer I can crank the resolution and have a little bit more horse power for doing things and can get it sounding better. On most of these I had to boost the bass... except the last one.

It is a Note 10+ and it samples at 48khz. The bit rate on some of these is 1.5 mb/s ... It has this spot meter for spying on people so it will pay attention to and pick out certian sounds... For this to work I have to saturate the microphone or turn off all unwanted sound sources because this thing will was bits and get unwanted noises instead... Evan so there are some that dont work....

This was clean comming out of the speaker, but is distorted because the sampling resolution and digital power of the device is limited:

, but here in this video it sounds good... Same amp both videos...

And Id thought i show you this video.... Smart Phones are cool and all and are great for in a pinch, but nothing will beat a computer that can be programmed. These devices are limited, but you can't program them.

ryankm
Arturia MiniBrute
Guitars & bass

Post by ryankm » Sun May 02, 2021 7:50 pm

Supplemental Video:

I know it is sacrolidge, but I sampled this at 192khz into a 1/8th analog mic input on a Linux computer and compressed it into a 96khz video. There is more detail. I would have gone higher except at 384khz you can here to many artifacts.

Here is the 348khz.... It draws to much current or something..., but I think those are fans which am not turning off. But that is Prophet Rev2 plugged strait into mic of comp... The signature was also encoded digitally in this manner from a 4 track cassete.

ryankm
Arturia MiniBrute
Guitars & bass

Post by ryankm » Mon May 03, 2021 7:44 pm

Back on topic another Chroma Polaris jam with Prophet Rev2. This one has some good points I'd like to highlight, but ultimatly was a failure because, at the time; I was having trouble making Prophet Rev2 sound good.
The Polaris is the sparking sound. Recorded all parts and mixed on cell phone.