Korg Minilogue - Arpeggiator wierdness

Pulling out your hair? Don't know what to do or where to go? Ask in here.
Forum rules
READ: VSE Board-Wide Rules and Guidelines

If your Help request has been solved, please edit your first post in order to select the Image Topic Icon to let others know your topic has been solved.
xenomorph313
Gear: | ESQ-1 | TG-33 | CS1x | micron | TR-606 | MC-50 | ES-1 | RY-8 | SU-10 | SYB-3 |

effects:
| PS-2 | | Smashup |

Korg Minilogue - Arpeggiator wierdness

Post by xenomorph313 » Fri May 20, 2022 7:48 pm

I just recently purchased a Korg Minilogue and I usually hold down three notes to do a arpeggiated sequence. I notice that sometimes it will only play 2 notes even when i am holding down three. Is this a common complaint or is there maybe an OS update that fixes this? Also, I can't get the sound librarian to work to do sysex dumps and such. Anyone that could steer me in the right direction to solve these problems would have my utmost gratitude. Thanks in advance!

-xeno
For Trade: |Ensoniq ESQ-1|Yamaha CS1-x|Alesis Micron|

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Re: Korg Minilogue - Arpeggiator wierdness

Post by meatballfulton » Sun May 22, 2022 1:17 pm

The Minilogue manual states that the pattern modes are: MANUAL 1, MANUAL 2, RISE
1, RISE 2, FALL 1, FALL 2, RISE FALL 1, RISE FALL 2, POLY 1, POLY 2, RANDOM 1, RANDOM 2, RANDOM 3.

When you get only two of three notes to play, which of these modes are you in?

Cleverly, the manual leaves it as an exercise for the reader to understand what those modes actually are ;) Instead of the usual Up, Down, UP+Down, etc. Been a while since I sold my Minilogue but "Manual" I think is what most synths call "As played" (it recognizes the order that you triggered the keys).

Which voice mode (poly, unison, duo, mono, chord)?
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

xenomorph313
Gear: | ESQ-1 | TG-33 | CS1x | micron | TR-606 | MC-50 | ES-1 | RY-8 | SU-10 | SYB-3 |

effects:
| PS-2 | | Smashup |

Post by xenomorph313 » Sun May 22, 2022 5:42 pm

It seems that the Arpeggiator mode where it misbehaves the most is "RISE 1" in Poly mode. Now that you mention it, I was finding myself turning the "VOICE MODE DEPTH" knob to the left and setting it to "MANUAL" to fix it, and this does work on some patches (depending on the settings). Other patches it will still act up. Seems like when the Arpeggiator misbehaves the most is when the notes being interpolated make a sudden shift down in octave, far away from the previous keys. Oh well, I still enjoy it. Seems like even on more expensive gear, we have to record 7-8+ takes before it is a flawless recording, anyways. Thanks Meatballfulton.
For Trade: |Ensoniq ESQ-1|Yamaha CS1-x|Alesis Micron|

meatballfulton
Gear: Logic Pro X

Post by meatballfulton » Mon Jun 06, 2022 3:23 pm

What computer and OS version do you use?

The Minilogue editor is not supported for Windows 10, but it is for Win11 :?:

The Minlogue librarian is not supported on Mac OS after Big Sur. No Monterey yet the next Mac OS drops in just a few months :shock:
I listened to Hatfield and the North at Rainbow. They were very wonderful and they made my heart a prisoner.

GEran21

Post by GEran21 » Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:09 pm

I use VSTEditor to contoll Minilogue XD. No problems. Of course you can buy better version from sigabort.

Korg Minilogue XD + Digitech Studio S100
More information - https://progressiveaxleradio.com/korg-minilogue-xd

YOUTUBE>>
Synthesizers, Effect Processors, VSTi & VST >> https://progressiveaxleradio.com <<