New track and video- Breakaway

Come here for topics reviewing and sharing songs, tracks, music, synth demos, etc.
madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

New track and video- Breakaway

Post by madtheory » Sat Jan 01, 2022 10:03 pm

2021 was a strange year. Everyone had struggles and some much more than others. I personally found strength through taking time out to be in nature, make music and be with loved ones. This is what I would like to share with you here :)

This is a minimalist composition with minimal musical parts. I used Kontakt electric guitar, Arturia MiniV for the bass, heavily edited Air Music Tech Strike for drums and percussion, Peter Siedlaczek strings- that was an interesting one! The original 9MB Akai S1000 string ensemble with baked in reverb sounded better than the full-fat mulit-layered equivalent in Kontakt. Sound Toys EchoBoy was used heavily for ambience and distorted repeats.

Also in the mix is a Casio CT-6000! I actually used an auto-accompaniment (that got replayed and edited too).

"Those who contemplate the beauty of the earth find reserves of strength that will endure as long as life lasts"
Rachel Carson.

malcustard

Re: New track and video- Breakaway

Post by malcustard » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:16 am

Mastery of the medium !where were some of the pics taken , the housemartins [?] nice !

madtheory
Supporting Member!
Supporting Member!
Gear: Wurlitzer Opus 1536, Model F, Morovdis Arpeggiator, Maplin My First EQ, Jeff Wayne Thunderchild rack, Thermostat, Buck Owens' Moog.

Re: New track and video- Breakaway

Post by madtheory » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:03 pm

Thanks. South coast of Ireland mostly.